By Kylie Miller, communications coordinator, Endeavor
As part of Endeavor’s “Getting Down to Business” training series for members, the co-working space’s founder and president, Joe Erwin, recently shared his advice on what you should and shouldn’t do to grow your business.
- Celebrate your staff and your culture. Create special events unique to your company’s quirks and values that create simple moments of joy.
- Ask your clients for testimonials. They are powerful for new business and (added bonus) help remind your clients why they appreciate you.
- Constantly layer in new growth and focus on driving top-line revenue so you’ll have more wiggle room on the bottom.
- Don’t be shy about increasing fees. When you have the best talent, explaining your value – why you’re worth it — is easy.
- Create a specific PR plan. Those who do create a culture of success and can recruit top talent.
- Pause, reflect, and reward your team, especially those who live out your company’s values, not just those who produced the highest revenue. Honor their character and commitment. The money will follow.
- Give your work away to nonprofits. It feels good to help. Meeting people by association who might be future clients and having more creative liberty doesn’t hurt, either.
- Focus on your brand experience down to every touchpoint, no matter how small.
- Be an empath. Meaning, understand your clients’ pains and perspectives. Brands that actively live this ethos come out on top.
- Don’t sell yourself short. Charge enough to offer a satisfaction guarantee. Clients will pay top-dollar for your commitment to providing top-dollar work.
- Worrying about your competition is a trap! Don’t get caught up in it. Run your own race.
- There is no excuse for a terrible digital experience. It’s your front door and first impressions are critical.
- Failing to amplify how great you are and why can block growth. Share your good news!
- If someone in your organization mistreats others and you don’t fire them, you are not acting like a leader. Take action to show your employees that company values are non-negotiable.
Kylie Miller is the communications coordinator at Endeavor. Endeavor is a membership-based co-working community for creative and entrepreneurial professionals, as well as corporate teams and business travelers. Endeavor’s premium location in the ONE Development in downtown Greenville provides members with state-of-the-art work and meeting space, and uniquely surrounds them with a diverse array of peers who offer a broad range of services and experience. For more information, visit endeavorgreenville.com.