The Germany-based discount grocery chain plans to open its third Spartanburg location in the spring in the former Office Max space at 150 E. Blackstock Road in the strip center across from the Dorman Centre.
Aldi will host a hiring event on Jan. 6 at Hilton Greenville, 45 W. Orchard Park Drive, for store associate, shift manager, and manager trainee positions for its upcoming Anderson and Spartanburg area stores. Interested applicants may attend the event 8 a.m.-noon and 1-5 p.m.
Hourly rates for each position are store associate – $11 per hour; shift manager – $15.50 per hour; and manager trainee – $54,000 per year ($22 per hour averaging 45 hours per week), with an opportunity to earn $70,000 to $75,000 per year as a store manager.
- Must be 18 years or older to apply
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Must be available to work anytime between 6 a.m.-11 p.m., Monday-Sunday
- Retail experience preferred
- Management experience preferred for Manager Trainees
- Drug screening and background check
- Ability to lift 45 pounds