The South Carolina Research Authority has accepted six new client companies into its SC Launch program.
The economic development program, which was founded by the SCRA in 2006, provides grants, loans, and equity investments to startup, seed, and early-stage advanced-technology companies, according to a news release.
Participating companies receive mentoring and other support services and may also be eligible to receive grant funds or investments. They may also be eligible to receive matching funds or larger investments, according to the release.
The six companies selected to participate in the program:
- Cadre Health, in Greenville, develops technology solutions that improve facility operations, health outcomes, and overall experiences throughout the care continuum, according to the release.
- Circa Bioscience is focused on developing novel diagnostic, monitoring, and surgical technologies for biomedical applications, the release said. The Greenwood-based bioengineering company is working to develop a blood‑based screening test to identify children at increased risk for autism spectrum disorder, enabling earlier diagnosis confirmation, more informed treatment, and improved outcomes.
- ScopeStack, in Greenville, redefines the presales process for IT-services providers, managed-services providers, and cloud-services providers through a unique software-as-a-service automation platform, according to the release.
- Stomagienics, in Greenville, is designing innovative solutions for people living with ostomies. Their products solve many of the critical issues ostomates and medical community face when changing an ostomy-pouching system.
- Midlands-based Maven Therapy is developing a physical-therapy machine to provide treatment to patients who have suffered a spinal cord injury, brain injury, or a stroke. The lightweight, mobile machine can be used from a bed or a chair and adjusted quickly.
- Coastal company Latett has created a social sharing and publishing platform called Gides, which merges multiple revenue streams, viewing options, and distribution capabilities into a unified platform.
SCRA is a public, nonprofit corporation that fosters South Carolina’s innovation economy. For more information, visit scra.org.